Friday..again ..and another week has passed in, seemingly, the blink of an eye.
So, onto the gratefuls.
First this week has to be the boy. For his hugs and his help. He's shopped for me, walked Max for me, collected my prescription for me and keeps asking if there are any more jobs he can do. He's also in charge of lunch for the two of us today - tuna melt paninis (yummy!!). It's been lovely having him home for two weeks (he goes back to Bristol on Monday) especially having someone to watch sport with (DH is purely a motor racing fan). He's not happy with the way things are going @A*****l but is enjoying the cricket - aren't we all?
Next up are the WeScrap girls. Yesterday I received a parcel of crafty goodness from Ally
Some cute Canadian stamps in there and....peanut butter cups....they didn't last long....very, very tasty. :) Thanks so much Ally - you certainly brightened my day.
Later on yesterday I logged into Pinterest to find that Sue (Sykes) had posted something especially for me:
I don't think any comment is needed apart from ...thanks Sue, you know me too well!
Next are my other online friends. I'm meeting Joanna and Penny, fellow crafters and bloggers, on Monday (riots and trains permitting) to see the Tracey Emin exhibition "Love is What You Want".
Thanks go to Virginia, the Queen of the Rockettes, for her lovely comments on my posts, her tips re the "i" word, her descriptions of me and the title for my graduation LO - "Made It!"
Hopefully on Monday we'll have Carmen connected and back online amongst us - missing you girl!
Ah, yes, the "i" word. I managed to clear half of the mountain on Tuesday thanks to Sky and "New Moon". I know I have the film on DVD but it's not quite the same as coming across it in the listings and watching it without planning. It did help that I missed the bits that made me cry (in the book and every other time I've watched the film) so I wasn't sobbing over shirts etc. This afternoon I'm hoping to clear the rest by using one of Virginia's tips (don't think I'll be using the same tip for the Christmas cards V.!!).
I've managed to do some more crafting since Scrap Club but can't show the results yet - a birthday card and a secret project.
I've also got my phone back! This was achieved by the simple expedient of buying the boy another (really cheap - £ 15) phone. Yes, he's had to change his network and number but he doesn't seem to mind. :)
Things to look forward to...
- another weekend of sport - cricket, football and Indy Car
- my day out in London
- not having to play hunt the laptop after Monday.
Things realised this week...
- for the coffee maker to work it needs to be switched on at the socket (I'm useless without my coffee) - wish it had a timer.
- 36ins is a bit too long skirtwise, for me at least. I bought a beautiful flowery skirt (online in the sales) and can't see my feet when I'm wearing it. More hippy chick than "Little House on the Prairie" though so I'm keeping it even if only to wear at home. :)
- a picture can float about your worktable for weeks but will disappear he evening you actually want to use it. :(
- using Sleep Easy bubble bath during the day is not a good idea unless you really do want to collapse onto the bed and have a nap.
- books are more reliable than people. They don't promise things,get you interested and then abandon you, well not usually. And if they do you can just stop reading.
Think that's it for this week. I know next week will be depressing for a few days (when the boy leaves) but hopefully other things will come along and cheer me up.