On Friday it was suggested that I may benefit from exercising more self control over certain aspects of my life (response:smiles sweetly, grits teeth and says thank you R).
In the course of a largely sleepless night I pondered whether I could in fact use more self control in other situations. I am known for rushing headlong into things without thinking and instant gratification is my middle name (actually it's Jane, but you get the drift).
So...starting on Saturday a new regime came into being. Since then I
- have not bought any of the new Basic Grey lines despite them being even more lush in real life than on the internet.
- limited myself to two glasses of red wine on Saturday evening
- limited myself to one glass of red wine Sunday evening (OK there was only one glass left in the bottle but the thought was there)
- have not sworn at the person who rang me 5 times in three mins. this morning despite me saying I wasn't interested and hanging up. Sign that I was really, really annoyed? The fact that I almost swore at him 'cos I don't swear, ever. "Knickers" is my "go to" word for expressing annoyance and the occasional "bloody" can be heard during football matches but there are words in the English language that I have never said....mainly four letter words beginning with f,s,c..... Just the way I am.
- did not buy chocolate despite fruit and nut being on offer - and chocolate apparently being better than sex. :)
- lost self control in the wine dept. and there is now a bottle of Rose chilling in the fridge.
- the above is actually another form of self control as I know I need to relax this evening or I will say s'thing I regret and can't take back to someone who has been winding me up all weekend. Don't think it's deliberate but I. HAVE. HAD. ENOUGH.
Will tell you on Friday if I've managed to keep this up all week.....
Update on DS who promised to phone before heading off to Serbia. Text message from the airport (he was bored) with list of suggestions for his b'day.
He will be home for his b'day, probably with girlfriend, which means...I'll have to tidy his room. I washed his towels and bedding and then quietly closed the door on it. Apart from the odd watching of Champions League football I haven't touched the room since. Knickers!!