Thursday 23 June 2011

A Thursday Funny

Many thanks to Valerie in Germany for posting this and making me laugh.:)


A Florida senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he floored it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left.

"Amazing!" he thought as he flew down I-75, pushing the pedal to the metal even more. Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw the highway patrol behind him, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. "I can get away from him. No problem!" thought the elderly gent as he floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120 mph.

Suddenly, he thought, "What on earth am I doing? I'm too old for this nonsense and pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the trooper to catch up.

Pulling in behind him, the trooper walked up to the driver's side of 
the Corvette, looked at his watch and said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a good reason why you were speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."

The man, looking very seriously at the trooper, said, "Years ago, my wife ran off with a Florida State Trooper. I thought you were bringing her back."


"Have a good day, sir," said the Trooper and left.

6 comments:

DGgirl said...

Love it!!!!!!!!!!

Gillx

Valerie-Jael said...

I can laugh over this every time I read it! I've got some more for the weekend! Hugs, Valerie

Joanna said...

Ha ha ha!

xx

BadPenny said...

Ha !

Virginia said...

Now that kind of post is just what I needed - seriously giggling over here!

Carole said...

LOL! That's a cracker! Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Carole xxx