Tuesday 21 June 2011

Another Crafty Post! Yay!!!!

These two projects took me all weekend but I did at least manage some crafting.


The first is a birthday card for David - he was 21 and a bit (quite a big bit!) yesterday:


Card and papers from stash. I used my new TH embossing folders and Nestie Labels 16. The image is from Crafty Individuals. Most of his cards were car related - wonder why?


The next is for a challenge on WeScrap. We had to use only black and white for the background.


This was a bittersweet LO to do. It was  the first Father's Day without my Dad and  I thought this was a fitting tribute.
Photo is of him in his 40's and the journalling will be attached to the back in the form of a letter to him, bringing him up to date and telling him how much and why I miss him.
Papers and rub-ons by Daisy Bucket "Little Black Dress", flowers by Making Memories "Sweets", heart button from stash.


I'm listening to music on my laptop at the moment - have discovered the shuffle button so it's a weird and wonderful selection. So far we've had JLo, Snoop Dogg, Russell Watson, Chicago,Foreigner,Elgar,Rumer,Take That , Satie and currently Carl Orff, "O Fortuna".
A slightly more "highbrow" selection than MTV. :0)

8 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Very nice birthday card Susie and what a nice tribute to your dad on Father's Day. It's hard to scrap those pages, but it's so healthy to grieve. I lost my young brother when he was 38 and found it really helped me too.

I love your sense of humor and your choice of music.

Have a great day and a big hug from me to you.

Joanna said...

That's a lovely LO for your Dad on Fathers Day - and a sweet idea to update him on your life since you lost him last year. I like that he is in colour while the rest is in b and w. I found it really hard on Sunday too :o(

Great birthday card, super colours (I like the TH embossing).

xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Great stuff, love the card. and the LO is a lovely tribute to your Dad. Glad you found your mojo again! Hugs and sparkles, Valerie

Carmen said...

Love that page of your Dad - what a great idea with the letter and alovely homage x x x big hugs.

Diane said...

FAB card and FAB LO Sue !! Mojo is BACK !!

hugs Diane xx

Carole said...

Oooh Sue, such lovely crafting (and doesn't it feel good?!) OH's birthday card is fab, and we all know how hard male cards are, and your layout is lovely - very brave of you to stick to just black and white for your background. I'm sure your Dad would have loved it.

Hugs, Carole xxx

Hi it's Maria said...

fab card and LO sue...

well done on putting your feelings down, it's surprising how when you look back it will bring you comfort, hugs...xx

maria xx

Virginia said...

Your layout for your Dad is simply beautiful and Ilove the idea of the letter bringing him up to date with things.

I also love your 'shuffle' story!