Thanks to Val for getting me thinking!
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know
the score or the leader until the contest ends. Boxing
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward? Niagara Falls
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables? Asparagus and Artichoke
4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside? Strawberry
5. In many liquour stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle? Bottle put over pear whilst on the tree and still growing.
6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters " dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them. Dwarf and dwelling
7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them? Colon,comma,full stop,exclamation mark,question mark,semi-colon,quotation marks.
8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh. Paw paw
9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S." Socks,stockings,shoes,sandals,slippers,snow-shoes