Thursday 17 June 2010

A Pretty, Girly LO for a Change!


I don't often get to do "pretty" LOs with the lack of girls in our family so I was really pleased to be able to do this one of my cousin's wife - I was a bridesmaid at their wedding in 1964.
I took the photo when Dad and I met up with them (they collected us as Dad no longer has a car) and Dad's sister, my Auntie Grace.
I've had the paper for ages too - Basic Grey "Gypsy" and "Romani" - why do I insist on buying pretty papers when I rarely get to use them? I hear you ask. Well... because they are pretty and I can take them out and stroke them!
The title is Romani mini monograms (I didn't buy full sets of these papers just odd sheets that I couldn't resist). Large flower is Prima and the brads, buttons  and gromlet etc are from my stash.
This was Sketch #3 from the Birthday Bash on Let's Capture These Sketches. The added challenge was to use a paperclip as an embellishment. I did have some larger ones but the colours didn't match.
TFL
Sue xx

4 comments:

tea_bag said...

Love that paper and what a fab lo great photo alma xx

Carole said...

Sue, this is gorgeous - love the colours!!! I so know what you mean about buying pretty papers and then only stroking them! I have some that I love too much to use - what a terrible thought to actually cut into them (((shudder)))!!! You are allowed to be girlie even if everyone else around you isn't!!!
Hugs Carole xxx

SueB said...

Lovely layout Susie! It's fun to play with pretty things. I do know what you mean, I don't always get the chance myself, living with three males, lol!
Suzie xxxx :)

Hi it's Maria said...

love the girly look sue, well done think you've done a fab job...

maria x