Tuesday 22 February 2011

A Crafty Tuesday Update.

Well, it would appear I'm on a roll.
Pat and I had a fabulous day cropping on Saturday - the centre was very quiet so we could all chat to each other and admire each other's work. I completed a double LO for myself and a single LO for my brother.

I apologise for the poor quality of the pictures for this one - the photos I used weren't very good but I really wanted to scrap them as they concern the last meaningful conversation I had with my Dad.
We were talking about my cousin Jean and her wedding. I had vague memories of going to it but Dad was adamant I'd been a bridesmaid. Sure enough, there in the photo box was the proof....I really don't remember this at all. Sign of old age, dementia?
I used a Creative Imaginations kit bought from QVC Last Clicks and the free stamp from this month's Craft Stamper.


This one is for my brother. It's the Presentation of the League Trophy (N.Yorks/SW Durham League) to Bishop Auckland Cricket Club in 1966. My Dad was club secretary at the time and he's on the left of the photo. The trophy was presented by Brian Close (on the right of the photo). At the time he was Captain of Yorkshire and England. Tucked in behind the photo is a programme from the evening signed to Richard (my bro) by Brian Close.

These LOs were made just for the pleasure of scrapping but since then I've done some more challenge LOs.

I made this one yesterday for a Sketch challenge on WeScrap using Basic Grey "Max and Whiskers" papers etc. This is Max on Christmas Day wearing his Christmas bandanna from his stocking (yes, I know I spoil him but we all have stockings - when the rabbits were alive, they had them too).



 Today I made this LO for a Page Maps/Basic Grey challenge. I used Basic Grey "Curio" papers, journalling tag,brad,border,alpha and pops. The large roses and small butterflies were cut from the packaging. The photo is of my b'day flowers from some very good online crafty friends. The journalling is about how I felt when I received them.


Needless to say I've had to forego the pleasures of the "h" and "i" words to do all this crafting - am I upset? What do you think?lol
Hugs xx

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous work, Sue, you are on a giant roll! Fancy forgetting being a bridesmaid - did you take a swig of the wine?? But glad you could scrap the pics to remind you of your Dad. Keep up the ood work!

Virginia said...

All gorgeous layouts you certainly seem to have managed plenty at your crop and glad you managed to find the photos as proof! Awesome stuff, hope you have a lovely evening!

Hugs

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fantastic work Sue,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Diane said...

Sue your LO`s are fab !! Glad you had some "me" time at AMOM and sorry I wasn`t there.

hugs Diane xx

Hi it's Maria said...

WOW you have been busy sue, well done they all look fab.... sparkles for tomorrow...xx

maria xx

jan said...

fab LO s Sue, glad you found the bridesmaids photos - happy memories - xx

Joanna said...

Ha ha ha, 'Bridesmaid revisited'! Well done Dad for remembering you were a bridesmaid - dads usually forget any meaningful moment! Fave layout has to be the one of Max, looking super smart in his bandanna (or 'banana' as Rosie Mae calls hers!).

xx

Unknown said...

Wonderful LOs Susie - you have certainly been busy x