Friday 31 December 2010

Rocking My World Friday

As it's New Year's Eve I thought I'd do round up of my gratefuls for the year...so...in no particular order....

My DS who is growing into a very nice and thoughtful young man and who still hugs me when he thinks I need a hug even though he's 21.
My OH who has supported me through some difficult times this year and who hugs me too. He also puts up with my having taken over the dining room as my craft area without moaning (well, not much!).
Max my bestest friend who makes me laugh and gets me out of the house (even when it's snowing) and who is a wonderful hot water bottle.
Friends who have kept me going this year with thoughtful gestures,emails and messages wherever they live - thank you - you know who you are.
I love all of these  people to bits.

Facebook for letting me keep up to date with all of the above and my family in the NE.
Santa who brought me some wonderful pressies this year.
Amazon for not only keeping me supplied with books but for the Kindle...I can now read "on demand" and have just discovered it plays music too - I've finally learnt how to download and transfer music - yay!!
Ebay - for all the weird and wonderful things for sale (esp. vintage earrings).
Various craft websites for keeping me supplied with stash and inspiration.
A Maze of Memories for stash and inspiration too but also a wonderful space to "play" in.

And finally..the GPs, carers and the Hospice at Home volunteers who cared for my Dad and enabled him to die in his own home with dignity. For that I will be forever grateful.

7 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Sue
Hope you had a lovely crimbo and wishing you and your family A Happy New year,
Love and Hugs
Dianne xx :)

Joanna said...

First of all, lovin' your new blog background! Love those colours.

And next, your 2010 Rocking round up - super super list clearly written from the heart.

Wishing you health and happiness in 2011.

xxx

Virginia said...

Morning hun - what a wonderful round up of Gratefuls that you've done this week - simply beautiful. I hope you've had a great Christmas and hope that 2011 will provide you with a beautiful new canvas on which to paint your life - hugs as always

Virginia

Carmen said...

Gorgeous list to go with your gorgeous new background :)

Love thatyou are grateful to eBAy and Amazon - thinking about it - I should be too!

Happy New Year!

Diane said...

Happy new year Sue !!

Must tell me about the weird and wondefull things on Ebay !!

hugs Diane xx

PS Like this background !!

Hi it's Maria said...

lovely list sue... and a Happy New Year to you and your family, hugs...xx

maria xx

Carole said...

Great round up list of gratefuls for 2010 Sue.

Hope that 2011 is a good year for you.

Hugs and sparkles

Carole xxx