Saturday 18 December 2010

Rocking My World Friday (and, yes, I know it's Saturday - again!).

Oops! A Friday post on a Saturday (again) but it is very early Saturday - I've been up since 04:30 - and not by choice I might say.
So...gratefuls for this week..
First has to be the marvel that is a steroid injection - directly into my right shoulder - that has seen me pain free for the first time in a couple of weeks and thus able to write again. Also my wonderful GP who made the actual process pain free - I'd heard some horror stories about injections into joints.

Next has to be Amazon for allowing me to make a wish list - it has obviously been read and acted upon as parcels that I'm not allowed to open have started to arrive. Got to admire DS too for the nous (cheek?) to order via my Amazon account and thus save his student pennies!

Said DS who is due home either today or tomorrow,depending upon the weather and who has offered all sorts of help over Christmas (including,hopefully,not bringing mountains of washing).

Man Utd. who regained their "rightful" position at the top of the premiership by beating Arsenal on Monday. Out of respect to the Gunners in the family (OH and DS) I didn't crow (well, not a lot).

The internet (again) for allowing us all to do our Christmas shopping - just hope the weather allows it to be delivered. Hoping the same for my food order which is due on Weds.
The weather has already caused one company to cancel a flower delivery I'd organised for a friend who's having a knee op on 21st. :(

The organisers of this year's Royal Variety Performance who made it watchable - I actually enjoyed it and had a good laugh (much needed).

On Thursday I would have been listing the England cricket team but then Friday happened....

Hope you've all had a good week and are full of Christmas spirit (Brandy would be my choice).

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you got some good pain relief. Enjoy the time while DS is home, and take care of yourself!

Hi it's Maria said...

pleased you're out of pain sue, (hubby had injection in his shoulder, but it didn't work, so has to go for physio on monday)...

good list and great news about DS, try and enjoy and chill, hugs...

maria xx

Joanna said...

Oooooh, injections into the joint DOES NOT SOUND NICE! Good to hear that it wasn't as bad as it could have been and that you have had some relief from the pain.

You've still beaten me this week with your Rocking list - I didn't do one at all last week:0( I'm nodding my head at just about everything you've mentioned, apart from the Royal Variety, I didn't see that. And as for the cricket, well, what did you expect?!

xxx

Carmen said...

Pleased to hear the jabs weren't as bad as you feared.

I too love Amazon wishlists and am trying my best to convince all my family and friends to sign up - it's so much easier and lovely to think you are sending something the person actually wants. I love the new universal wishlist option so you can add stuff that isn't on Amazon as well, needless to say mine has been filling up with stash :P I hope you were a good girl and ticked the 'don't spoil my surprises' box so you didnt see stuff dissapear off your list?

Good news that DS will be home and helpful :) Hope the weather isnt to bad where you are!

Anonymous said...

Hi Susie :-) that injection sounds awful :-( I'm just so glad it worked :-) I LOVE Amazon and it made me smile that your DS has used your money for your present :-). Can you please e-mail me your address as I have the Christmas Ornament waiting to be posted.............thanks for the lovely comments and I really hope you like it. S xx

Virginia said...

Hi Susie, the wish list are simply the best aren't they - most of my family have been doing them which has made present buying a little easier! I'm glad the injection has helped you and hope it continues to do so! And a big thank you for carrying on regardless even though I'd gone AWOL! I've finally managed to Rock my World - Monday - doesn't have quite the same ring to it does it! Hope you have had a good weekend and are ready for next week's festivities!

Hugs

Virginia

DGgirl said...

Hi Susie

What an absolutely fab list this week. You certainly have the gift of the gab in your written words! I am so so delighted to her about the success of your injection this week - I can but wonder at the difference it must make.

At the risk of stating the obvious, I've well and truly fallen by the wayside in terms of WRYF but shall join in again soon with, hopefully, renewed vigour!

Take care sweetie and hope DS makes it home safely.

Gillxx