Monday 17 August 2009

A Blast from the Past.



Yesterday my Dad and I went to visit my Auntie Grace (his eldest sister) for tea. The whole afternoon brought back many memories from my childhood. We were picked up by my cousin and his wife - I was a bridesmaid at their wedding in 1964.


As a child I remember Sunday teas were done on a "rota" - we would visit my grandparents one week, Auntie Grace and Uncle Bob another week and of course they'd come to us.


Grace loved baking and there would always be the most fantastic spread. Well, at 89 she still loves baking and the spread she put on yesterday immediately brought back so many memories!


I was also amazed at how little the view from the back of her house had changed in the intervening 40/50 years. Only difference I could see was a wind farm in the distance.




p.s. Some of you may notice a "slight" difference in my hair colour - all will be revealed tomorrow!

5 comments:

Hi it's Maria said...

it's lovely when happy memories come flooding back when you visits some places sue...

maria x

Bev said...

Hiya Sue - I see what you mean - what a spread - she must be a truly amazing 89 year old lady! Bev x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Wow Susie a fantastic spread,
Hugs Dianne xx

jan said...

What a spread and happy memories too, Jan x

dagbird2001 said...

ooo can i come to tea next time, its looks so lush xx