Saturday 21 May 2011

What's Rocking My World Saturday

Late again - I ran out of Friday.

Some of these gratefuls are actually from last week  so it's a sort of 2 for 1 deal. :)

First has to be the magic of steroids - my right shoulder is (fingers crossed it lasts) pain free and has been since Tuesday. Unfortunately I've now been told that if the effects of this injection don't last for 3 - 4 months it's not worth doing again and I'm facing surgery.  Bit of a downer.

Next is BBC4 for buying and showing "Spiral". I watched the four remaining episodes last week - four days in a row at lunchtime.  Great storyline, good acting,some gruesome bits and justice almost triumphing in the end. Good stuff.

Then comes MTV. In the absence of anything decent to watch in the early evening I've resorted to MTV and the chart shows. I can craft or read whilst listening and half watching (with the occasional bit of "dancing" - I use the term loosely).

Friends are next - they have been as supportive as ever this week.  Today
Diane (a very talented cardmaker) gave me a lift to and from A Maze of Memories. It was a demo day with Lindsay Mason who designs stamps for Personal Impressions and is also Ranger accredited. We saw some gorgeous work, learnt some new techniques and also did the Make & Take - a lovely card. Pictures will follow when I've gone mad with the glitter - my card is destined for my great-niece's birthday.

DH David has been quietly supportive this week and has uncomplainingly put up with below par meals - Tuesday & Weds were not good days and the last thing I felt like was cooking. I really do need to go and do some grocery shopping today.

I am officially addicted to my Kindle - it's just too easy to click on a book and find it downloaded 30 secs later. No waiting for it to arrive, no finishing other books before starting a new one. I'm going to have to limit myself in future - although each book is relatively cheap, it still mounts up ..eek!!

I'm still very happy about Man Utd being champions and may actually enjoy watching a match (if we're on TV tomorrow) knowing that it doesn't really matter if we lose.
Next Saturday is Champions League final - I have a bottle of sparkling rose which will be nicely chilled by then. I shall imbibe during the second half whether we're winning or not. :)

I think that's it for this week.
Thanks for popping in.
Hugs xx

10 comments:

Virginia said...

I wondered where you were and glad it was only a matter of running out of friday that meant you were late! Loving the list, glad the shoulder is easing (keeping fingers and toes crossed that it keeps it going hun!) You'll be glad to know that I too managed some well below par food this week, a bolognese commenced on Tuesday with a 400g pack of mince turned into something quite weird when I realised I only had one tin of chopped tomatoes - thankfully said 10 year old ate it anyway but my goodness it wasn't great!

Hurray for supportive hubbies, new techniques, crafting friends and winning teams - hope you have a beautiful and blessed weekend!

Hugs

Joanna said...

Great news that the steroids have given you a break from the pain. I do hope they last as long as necessary to be in line for another lot. I didn't watch Spiral, but I heard it was very good. I'll catch it when it's repeated, which I've no doubt it will be, many many times. The kids have got me into MTV too, although there is a limit to how long I can put up with the relentless beat!

Wishing you a lovely weekend,

xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like your week wasn't too bad! Glad your shoulder is giving you a bit of respite, let's hope it stays that way! Have a nice weekend, hugs, Valerie

Diane said...

There`s no need to creep Sue... I did say anytime for a lift !! ha,ha. It was fun today and the card was fab. Lindsay always has fab ideas!! Give Max a big kiss from me !!

hugs Diane xx

Anonymous said...

Fab post Susie. glad the steroids are helping your shoulder. Hope the rest of the weekend is fab !!
Hugs June xxxxx

BadPenny said...

umm Jess had a bit of a shock at her banl balance after several orders for her Kindle- but she loves it. Hope you continue to feel better. I like how you said you ran out of Friday !

Carmen said...

Oh I so know what you mean about the kindle. Being on Twitter too you get all these athors telling you that their book is reduced to 70p or whatever. Like you say, so easy to click and it all adds up! Do love it way more than I thought I would though *g*

Hope your steroids last for the lenth of time you need them to.

Cx

Lee-Anne said...

Hi Susan! Your blog is awesome! Just wanted to say hi. I'm scrapperleeanne on wescrap. I will follow your blog and would love if you would follow mine too! Take care and see you on wescrap. Have a wonderful day!

Hi it's Maria said...

love your list and so pleased the injection is giving you some relief at last, sparkles that is lasts longer than they say...

maria xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
Thankyou very much for your warm welcome,il be hopping around from time to time admiring peoples works and hopefully contributing my own creations soon.
Hugs Adam